|Pastor Robert and Titilayo Akande and their twin-boys|
Pastor Robert his wife Titilayo were our Pastors in Winners Chapel Jos, Nigeria. When I heard there were having a set of twins after 16 years, I told myself I have to see two "angels" sent from God.
I drove 10 hours to meet up with them. It was just so wonderful to see the smiles on their faces. God is so good.
She revealed to me that she was steadfastly confessing scriptures 30 to 50 times in the morning and doing same in the evening. Phew! That was some work. As I returned home "tireless confession" kept ringing in my head.
I remember Rev Kenneth Hagin of blessed memory had taught same years ago.
Confession is faith’s way of expressing itself. Faith’s confession creates reality.
"It is always possible to tell if a person is believing right by what he says. If his confession is wrong, his believing is wrong. If his believing is wrong, his thinking is wrong. If his thinking is wrong, it is because his mind has not been renewed with the Word of God. All three – believing, thinking, saying – go together. God has given us His Word to get our thinking straightened out. We can think in line with God’s Word.
Confessing is affirming something we believe. It is testifying to something we know. It is witnessing for a truth that we have embraced. Our confession should center around five things:
1. What God in Christ has wrought for us in His plan of redemption.
2. What God, through the Word and the Holy Spirit, has wrought in us in the new birth and the infilling of the Holy Ghost.
3. What we are to God the Father in Christ Jesus.
4. What Jesus is doing for us now at the right hand of the Father, where He ever lives to make intercession for us.
5. What God can do through us, or what his Word can do through our lips.
Confession Increases Faith
There is no faith without confession. Confession is faith’s way of expressing itself. Faith, like love, is of the heart, of the spirit. And we know that there is no love without word or action. We cannot reason love into people nor can we reason love out of them. It is of the heart. As faith too is of the spirit or heart, we can safely say that there is no faith without confession. Faith grows with confession.
The confession of the believer does several things for him. First, it locates him. Second, it fixes the landmarks of his life. He will never have more than his confession. If we say that we cannot do something, then of course we can’t. But if we say that we can, then we can. According to Mark 11:23, we can have whatever we say, or confess, whether it be belief or unbelief, success or failure, sickness or health."
Read full article here Confession of God’s Word Builds Faith
Confessions Before The Arrival Of My Twin-boysBy Mrs Titi Akande
During our period of waiting and trusting God for my miracle twin-boys for a period of more than 16 years, I engaged in a word warfare as my of my faith in God’s word. The bible says in Romans 10:8, 10
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
However in the last three month before this miracle pregnancy, I was vigorously confessing these scriptures between 30 to 50 times in the morning and doing same in the evening.
I was confessing God’s word sparingly in the past. However in the last three month before this miracle pregnancy, I was vigorously confessing these scriptures between 30 to 50 times in the morning and doing same in the evening. It was hectic and challenging but I did this without fail. Indeed the scriptures cannot be broken. It has produced for me.
1. For my shame I shall have double Isaiah 61:7
2. I am as a fruitful vine by the sides of my husband’s house: my children like olive plants round about our table. Psalm 128:3
3. The LORD hath sworn in truth unto Pst Robert and I; He will not turn from it; Of the fruit of our bodies will I set upon thy throne. Psalm 132:11
4. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. Rom 8:2 Therefore, sickness, low sperm count, low quality eggs, block tubes, barrenness of what of whatever shall not have dominion over my husband and I. Such shall not reign in our bodies anymore. Roman 8:14
5. The seed of my husband and I will God establish forever, and build up our thrones to all generations.
6. The Lord makes me to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Psalm 113:9
7. I cannot have fibroids, I have fine boys. Matt 11:23
His word will produce with out fail!! Share your testimony with us!